Monday, July 26, 2004

I am a movie pass god

So life at Blockbuster is pretty great. Even though I work 8 hour days without breaks most of the time, the job is just so easy and the people are so funny that it is entirely worth it. It is sooooo much better than waiting tables. When I think about how long I waited tables at that crappy restaurant 40 minutes away it makes me sick to my stomach! So, yeah, I am the movie pass champion at my store for the week. I feel proud, yet oddly coniving like I'm some sort of sales weasel.
Derek's friend Anthony is visiting from L.A. and he's really cool. He teaches middle school in south central which is really hardcore! he told us the funniest yo mama joke that i think i've ever heard. it goes like this "i'll tell you something. you're mama's waist is not a number 4". i think it was something about the delivery that made it so funny, or that fact that derek and anthony would giggle uncontrollably like little girls whenever one of them said it. anyway, it's my new motto in life.
i have the day off tomorrow and i need to get my windshield fixed. a rock hit it while i was driving home from sierra vista last week and now there's an arm sized crack in it. i'm really pissed off about it because my insurance doesn't cover it and it's money that i have to spend on something that's not my fault. if it had been something i had done that had led to the windshield cracking, then i would be ok with the whole thing. but the fact that this just randomly happened without me doing anything stupid or menacing is just maddening. i think that's all for right now. no, wait...
so, the other night i had a dream that i married my best friend's husband and she wasn't mad at all. then, after a month, i realized that it just couldn't possibly work between us because he was also married to my best friend and i got all upset and was complaining to my best friend about having to get a divorce. it was really bizarre and i want to know what it means. ok, yeah, that's all.

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter