Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Fake blood for the masses.

Argh. I am so tired. Last night Derek and I shot a movie for a three minute thriller competition. Our friend Kim wrote and directed it and I was the scared-turned-psychotic star. It was actually a lot of fun and the footage turned out really well! I did, however, discover a few things about myself/movie-making.
1. I need to lose 30 pounds.
2. I really do not like fake blood. In the last scene, I was thrusting a blunt object towards the camera while our friend Cal blew fake blood through plastic tubing onto my face, and I have to say, it was not very enjoyable. It actually didn't taste bad, but it dries so quickly and is soooo sticky, it was just a mess. I only had it on for like 5 minutes too. I can't imagine doing "Carrie" or something and having to walk around with it for hours.
3. I can act on film. I definetly need to take classes and I'm still more comfortable on stage, but it is something that I can do and that I enjoy. Yea! My life has meaning and purpose again!
4. I love Derek. I hope we get married.
5. It is not a fun idea to shoot a movie in an apartment in Tucson in August because inevitably you will need to turn off the air conditioning for sound and hot madness will ensue!
I think that's about it. I can't wait to see the finished product! I wish I were editing it!!! Have a fake-blood-free-day! Oh, and, leave a freaking comment. There's nothing more depressing than a comment free entry!!

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter