Monday, August 16, 2004

Woah!

I just remembered that I have to write about my Joey Lawerence experience before the memory fades and I lose it forever! I really shouldn't call it a "Joey Lawerence experience" because I never actually saw him, but that is what it shall be called nonetheless! Ok, so, it all started one week ago today. Lenka and I were in Los Angeles looking for an apartment. Culver City was our number one choice, but Studio City was way up there. Unfortunately for us, it is very difficult to find an affordable apartment, much less a three bedroom, in either of those locations. So, we're driving around looking at possible complexes in Studio City and we see a sign for a 2bd w/den. We think, why not, and check it out. It is the most gorgeous apartment ever! There was marble countertops in the kitchen, polished hardwood floors, a balcony, and beautiful bedrooms. The den is closed off by french doors and could easily be turned into a bedroom. It is perfect. The catch? Oh, I dunno, how about $2195/month? That's a little out of our price range... So, we leave, brokenhearted, and run into a tennant on the way out. I have to say, he's a little sleazy in that smooth talking salesman kind of way. Anyway, we start talking with him about the place and it turns out Joey Lawerence is his next door neighbor!! Well, that only makes us want the place even more!! Imagine running into Joey Lawerence in the elevator. Come on, you know you'd say it... "Woah!" Hilarious. That alone would be worth two thousand dollars!! I love it. Here's a friendly tidbit for you, I have the same birthday as Joey Lawerence. It's true! And now I've seen an apartment that could have been merely feet from his. That's awesome. Although, I really feel like he should own his own house or something. Why waste money renting if you don't have to? Alright, I've gotten off topic here, let's get back to the point. The point is, that apartment was beautiful and Joey Lawerence lives there. You know, after writing this, it really doesn't seem like something that needs to be preserved in writing, but it certainly was funny at the time.

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter