Thursday, September 23, 2004

Harumph

I am so depressed. I just got back from a free ortho consultation in hopes that I could get Invisalign and still function as a regular human being while getting my teeth straightened, but the world has other plans for me. Apparently, I swallow wrong. I was not aware that swallowing had a right or wrong process, I always assumed that you just sort of swallow and that's it. But, no. I swallow wrong. My wrong swallowing has caused an overbite, which cannot be corrected by Invisalign. Instead, it requires braces, regular, horrible braces, and (dun dun dun) rubberbands. Rubberbands. I also have to retrain my tongue to swallow correctly. What am I going to do? Should I get braces and look even more like a 12 year old and forget about my acting career for 18 months, get Invisalign anyway and forget about my hideous overbite, or say fuck it live my life with abhoringly crooked teeth and an overbite? I don't know which is worse. I do know, however, that I have never been more aware of swallowing than I am right now.

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter