Tuesday, January 25, 2005

MY top five list!

So, Brian gave us his list of the top ten movies of 2004, and I'd like to raise him my top five list. So, here goes!

5. The Aviator. I actually haven't even seen all of this movie, because we snuck in to the first 40 minutes to hideout until Ocean's 12 came on, but I was so enthralled with the first 40 minutes that I would have gladly given up on Ocean's 12 had I not been dragged there. As soon as I get a spare eight dollars, my butt is going to be at that movie.

4. Dodgeball. This was definetly one of the funnier movies of the year. I've not wanted to have sex with Vince Vaughn so much since Swingers, and I dare say, perhaps not even then.

3. Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. I know what you're thinking, because I was thinking it too, but I think this might be the funniest movie that has ever been made in the history of the world. Jaimie and I watched it, spent 30 minutes looking everyone up on iMDB, then spent another hour rewatching all of our favorite scenes. Then we watched the extras and I cried with sheer joy. I have never wanted to have sex with so many people in one movie. John Cho is hot, Kal Penn is hooooot, and he looks just like an Indian Zach Braff. I've also always had a thing for David Krumholtz, yum! What an amazing movie. The best part is when Neil Patrick Harris is driving a car with his leg while doing a line of coke off a stripper's butt. Pure genius! I also love when they ride a cheetah. We're going to watch it again tomorrow after work, and everyday for the rest of our lives!!!

2. Garden State. i was debating wheter or not this should be #1, but had to give it #2 billing just because there was one other movie that I think outshone it. We'll see. Anyway, I cannot express in words how much I love this movie. I love everything about it, the cast, the story, the soundtrack, Zach Braff, it's just perfection. That is all.

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I must say that this was the most beautiful movie of the year. It's so true, and yet so inventive at the same time. Who hasn't wanted to erase their memory? Yet, in doing so, we would relive falling in love all over again and not want to lose that. I think this movie means so much to me because I saw it for the first time right when Derek broke up with me. It was so refreshing to see everything that I was feeling expressed so beautifully in cinematic form. Brilliant, fucking brilliant!

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter