Saturday, April 30, 2005

Edge of reason is right!

Last night Lenka and I were depressed, so we went to Vons and bought wine and then rented "Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason". It had it's funny moments, but all in all I was very upset by this movie. I guess it's supposed to be empowering to women, saying that you can find love no matter how much you weigh or how psychotic you are, but mainly it was all about how women can only be happy if they are married or if a man is somehow present in their lives. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I would like to have a boyfriend, and occasionally I bitch and moan about it, but my happiness certainly doesn't depend on it. I'm basically content with life right now, except for my job, my apartment, and my financial situation. But, other than that, everything's great. This movie also pissed me off because Bridget was absolutely insane! It was as though they wrote the character so that it would fit as many stereotypes of how women supposedly act in relationships. For example, she's dating this guy for 6 weeks and she's upset that he doesn't propose to her. What?? If a guy proposed to me after 6 weeks I would kick him in the head. Then I'd say no and kick him again. She's just so clingy and so needy and there is no way that she would ever have a boyfriend for longer than a day in the real world! I certainly wouldn't date her....
Argh. So, that's me ranting about that stupid movie. Now I guess I'll go read "The Rules" again and cry until a man asks me to marry him.

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter