Thursday, April 28, 2005

Moving on up

We've had it with the ghetto. We're so outta here. Today was the final straw. I went to talk to the apartment manager about the fact that they didn't fix anything and the tub could still fall through the floor. She said, "I think the woman below you likes to exaggerate. Just use it for now, and when we get more manpower, we'll see what we can do". Just use it for now? I'm not going to risk that the woman below us is exaggerating about her ceiling falling off! Jaimie and I both agree that not using the shower is probably a good idea, so we're using Lenka's. For now. Until we break our lease next month! (dun dun dun!!) That was supposed to be dramatic music. I realize now that it looks a little weak. I should probably go back and erase it... but I'm lazy. So, yeah, we're breaking the lease, and they're still going to give us our security deposit if they know what's good for them! Honestly, I don't see how they can complain about it. Here is a list of all of the things that have gone wrong since we've lived here:
* The very first day they weren't here to let us in to the apartment and we had to wait for 3 hours to move in
* There was (is) a crack in the tub that they neglected to fix and has led to severe floor damage and unsafe showering conditions
* There is a swarm of bees outside of Lenka's balcony
* There have been 2 shootings inside the apartment complex
* They locked me out of the fucking house for 4 hours (I'm still a little bitter about that one)
* Our ceiling leaks whenever it rains and parts of it are falling down
* Roaches... lots and lots of roaches.
I think that's more than enough to be able to break our lease without any negative consequences. If they argue, I'll threaten them with the People's Court! I'll do it, too. Judge Millian would kick their asses!
My kidneys hurt. I hope I'm not dying. I haven't even been drinking lately. That would suck if I lost a kidney. I need these babies to sell on the black market if my acting career doesn't work out! I guess there's always prostitution...

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter