Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The magical splendor of Box City.

There is a store on Topanga and Saticoy called Box City, and it is nothing short of spectacular! Jaimie and I first went there a week and a half ago. I meant to write about the experience at the time, but I never got around to it. Let me summarize it by saying 1: Jaimie took me to Box City so she could buy a box to ship some stuff, 2: Jared, the Box City guy, helped us pick out a box, assembled said box, allowed us to pack the box, and then shipped it the cheapest way possible, and 3: We loved Jared and everything he stood for! He was amazing! And, Jaimie and I are pretty crazy when we're together anyway (let alone when we're super excited about a store that sells nothing but boxes!!!), so we say ridiculous things all the time, and he just tolerated all of our madness. Nay, he not only tolerated it, he enjoyed and encouraged it!
So, that was Box City the first time. Truly magnificent experience. We've vowed that from now on, Box City is the place for all of our boxing and shipping needs. So, today, Jaimie and I went back to ship a present to her brother. We pull up into the parking lot, which is one of those back parking lot dealies, and the big rolling door next to the main entrance is open, and Jared is there with some coworkers. He sees us and immediately starts waving with a huge smile on his face! Needless to say, we were ecstatic that he remembered us and was happy to see us! So, we shipped the package, but we're going back on Saturday so I can buy some envelopes. It was hilarious because I knew I needed envelopes, but Jaimie had to get to work so we wouldn't really have had any time to talk with Jared, so we decided to come back another time this week when we'd have more time to devote to him. We asked him what his schedule was for Saturday and then Jaimie penciled it into her planner! Then, as we were leaving, I said to Jaimie, "I think that one of us is going to have to marry him" and she replied, "Yes, I think that's the only logical conclusion". So, since she already has a boyfriend, I guess that means I'm marrying Jared the Box City guy. I'll let you know when after Saturday.

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter