Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Yesterday was weird..... or How I became the future Mrs. Jared of Box City

Man, yesterday was like I was living in a freakshow. I'm not going into detail about anything but Box City, but all you really need to know is:

1. I don't have any STD's,
2. I'm going to be working on a short digital film..... as assistant editor.... even though the guy who contacted me about it knows I'm an actor and even asked, "Do you know any actors who are willing to work for free?"... ME! Geez. Whatever, I'm excited about it nonetheless,
3. I'm the biggest nerd who has ever exsisted, and
4. Don't sit in a public place such as a restaurant or coffee shop for too long with my friend Ashley if you get embarrassed by people glaring at you when she says offensive and/or ridiculously funny things really loudly.

Now, onto Box City! Somewhere in between the film news and me being the biggest reject that has ever lived, Jaimie and I went to Box City. Our plans to see Jared were thwarted on Saturday because he left early, so we went back yesterday to give him one last chance. Well, we walk in and he's thrilled to see us, of course, but he's confused because he thought we were coming in this Saturday, not last Saturday. Oh, I forgot to mention that during this entire conversation with Jared, some weird guy who I thought was another customer was just sort of standing around watching us. So... we go about our Box City business, which includes buying 100 9x12 envelopes and 2 tiny tiny little pink bows (Jaimie: We should buy a bow for our box of envelopes. Me:Ok. Jaimie: Should we get the light pink or the dark pink? Me: Hmmmmm.... Jaimie: Let's get them both and duel over them later. We can pick up jousting sticks on the way home.) and I mention that we really have no more excuses to come back to Box City for awhile, and Jared says he's sure we'll find a reason, and we all laugh and then Jaimie and I are heading out the door when the weird guy who I thought was a customer yells out, "Why don't you guys get his phone number?" and we stop, look at Jared, he looks at us, we shrug, he writes down his phone number, hands it to us, then we take it and go. So, now we have Jared of Box City's phone number hanging on our bulletin board. Really, it was just an unusual day.

//OFF Free Counter
Website Counter